By Erin Kissane
With brevity, readability, and stable humor, Erin Kissane explores the roots of content material strategy—where it got here from, why it concerns, and the way to do it good.
By Leonard Richardson, Sam Ruby, Mike Amundsen
The recognition of leisure lately has ended in great progress in almost-RESTful APIs that don't contain a few of the architecture's advantages. With this sensible consultant, you'll research what it takes to layout usable relaxation APIs that evolve over the years.
By concentrating on ideas that move quite a few domain names, this ebook indicates you ways to create robust and safe purposes, utilizing the instruments designed for the world's so much winning disbursed computing method: the area broad Web.
You'll discover the strategies in the back of relaxation, examine diverse suggestions for developing hypermedia-based APIs, after which positioned every little thing including a step by step advisor to designing a RESTful net API.
• research API layout ideas, together with the gathering development and natural hypermedia
• know the way hypermedia ties representations jointly right into a coherent API
• realize how XMDP and ALPS profile codecs can help meet the net API "semantic challenge"
• research with reference to two-dozen standardized hypermedia info formats
• practice most sensible practices for utilizing HTTP in API implementations
• Create net APIs with the JSON-LD commonplace and different the associated info approaches
• comprehend the CoAP protocol for utilizing leisure in embedded systems
By Smashing Magazine
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Backgrounds In CSS: every thing you must Know
- The secret Of The CSS flow Property
- The Z-Index CSS estate: A complete Look
- CSS Sprites: necessary strategies, Or capability Nuisance?
- sleek CSS Layouts: the fundamental Characteristics
- sleek CSS Layouts, half 2: the fundamental Techniques
- Writing CSS For Others
- Decoupling HTML From CSS
- CSS Specificity And Inheritance
- equivalent peak Column Layouts With Borders And destructive Margins In CSS
- !important CSS Declarations: How And while to take advantage of Them
- CSS Sprites Revisited
- studying to exploit The :before And :after Pseudo-Elements In CSS
- Taming complex CSS Selectors
- Six CSS format gains to appear ahead To
By Todd Kelsey
If you're a starting blogger trying to find an easy-to-follow, pleasant advisor that will help you produce an attractively designed weblog or site, this can be the e-book for you. You'll research the fundamentals of WordPress, one-click installs, and customizations. There's additionally assurance of search engine marketing, categorizing web publication posts, and social media merchandising options, similar to uploading your weblog right into a fb web page. This book's procedure starts off out easy utilizing step by step examples and builds from there, allowing you to achieve self assurance in construction your web publication. You'll quickly believe ok with numerous priceless options: writing the textual content to your weblog, including photos for your posts, publicizing your weblog, monitoring the variety of viewers you've had, customizing the feel and appear of your weblog, dealing with remark unsolicited mail, or even exploring ecommerce. You'll see pattern blogs within the booklet and at the spouse site so that you can get an idea of what different bloggers are doing. Readers wait for your blog!
By David Kopec
- Teaches you the basics of programming and the applied sciences at the back of the internet.
- Utilizes the leading edge, effortless to benefit, based Dart programming language in order that your first steps are pointed in the direction of the way forward for internet improvement.
- No earlier wisdom is needed to start constructing your individual net apps.
What you’ll learn
- Become trained within the basics of programming.
- Learn how the applied sciences at the back of the internet paintings.
- Use Dart to jot down small to medium measurement internet apps.
- Understand adequate HTML and CSS to create your personal designs.
- Be able to examining others’ code.
- Develop a beginning that allows you to extra improve your programming skills.
Who this booklet is for
Dart for Absolute Beginners is for readers with out earlier wisdom of programming (or even HTML) who're attracted to taking their first steps into net improvement with the “latest and maximum” net programming language, Dart. Hobbyists will enjoy its easy-to-digest content material, whereas its specialise in the innovative Dart language will entice execs. It’s additionally for the reader who easily has a interest approximately how the net and/or programming works – he'll achieve perception into its applied sciences with out stepping into the tiresome emphasis on semantics in a few introductory texts. Dart for Absolute Beginners is a completely approachable textual content for brand spanking new programmers of all backgrounds.
Table of Contents
- Getting Set Up
- Your First Dart Programs
- Some Programming Fundamentals
- Five Small courses to show off basics in Dart
- Data Structures
- How Does the net Work?
- Using Dart to engage with HTML
- Object-Oriented Programming Fundamentals
- Object-Oriented Design
- Advanced Dart Concepts
- Testing Your Work
- Tools of the Trade
- Putting all of it Together
- Where to move from Here
- Interview with Dart's Creators
- Appendix A: Dart Cheat Sheet
- Appendix B: heritage of internet Programming
- Appendix C: Dart Timeline
- Appendix D: nice Resources
By Rob Larsen
What’s the right way to increase for an internet long past wild?
That’s effortless. easily scrap the principles you’ve depended on all
these years and embody uncertainty as a middle tenet
of layout. during this useful ebook, veteran developer
Rob Larsen outlines the rules of what he calls The
Uncertain net, and indicates you concepts necessary
to effectively make the transition.
By combining net criteria, innovative enhancement,
an iterative method of layout and improvement, and a
desire to query the established order, your crew can create
sites and functions that may practice good in a wide
range of current and destiny units. This advisor points
■■ Navigating hundreds of thousands of browser/device/
■■ targeting optimum, no longer absolute solutions
■■ function detection, Modernizr, and polyfills
■■ RWD, cellular first, and progressive
■■ UIs that paintings with a number of consumer input
■■ photograph optimization, SVG, and server-side
■■ The horribly advanced international of net video
■■ the net we wish to see sooner or later
By Gary B. Shelly
A part of the hugely winning Shelly Cashman sequence, this article presents an advent to HTML and leads the consumer via a transparent, step by step, screen-by-screen method of studying. Readers how one can create an internet web page utilizing HTML, layout the web page, upload portraits, and extra.
By Adam Freeman
The ASP.NET MVC three Framework is the newest evolution of Microsoft’s ASP.NET internet platform. It presents a high-productivity programming version that promotes cleanser code structure, test-driven improvement, and strong extensibility, mixed with all of the merits of ASP.NET 4.
during this 3rd version, the middle model-view-controller (MVC) architectural strategies aren't easily defined or mentioned in isolation, yet are established in motion. You’ll paintings via a longer instructional to create a operating e-commerce internet software that mixes ASP.NET MVC with the most recent C# language good points and unit-testing most sensible practices. via gaining this helpful, functional event, you’ll observe MVC’s strengths and weaknesses for yourself―and positioned your best-learned conception into practice.
The book's authors Steve Sanderson and Adam Freeman have either watched the expansion of ASP.NET MVC considering that its first free up. Steve is a widely known blogger at the MVC Framework and a member of the Microsoft internet Platform and instruments workforce. Adam begun designing and construction internet functions 15 years in the past and has been liable for a few of the world's biggest and such a lot bold initiatives. you will be convinced you're in secure hands.
By Jamie Munro
There's little need to reinvent the wheel whenever you run right into a challenge with ASP.NET's Model-View-Controller (MVC) framework. This concise cookbook presents recipes that can assist you clear up initiatives many net builders stumble upon on a daily basis. every one recipe contains the C# code you wish, besides an entire for instance of the way to enforce the answer. study useful options for utilising consumer authentication, offering speedier web page reloads, validating consumer info, filtering seek effects, and lots of different concerns on the topic of MVC3 development.
These recipes support you:
- Restrict entry to perspectives with password protection
- Allow clients to add and shop a dossier in your website
- Implement AJAX to permit clients to work out up to date content material quickly
- Validate shape enter to make sure the information you trap is what you expect
- Create thumbnails to preview photos instead of view them full-size
- Give your internet software the facility to alter languages
- Use CAPTCHA to avoid computerized courses from finishing forms
- Make URLs extra consumer- and search-engine-friendly with the MapRoute function
By Zdenek Machek
Get began with PHPUnit and methods to write and attempt code utilizing complicated technologies
About This Book
- Learn the way to set up PHPUnit in addition to tips to write and execute tests
- Understand the complicated strategies of checking out utilizing attempt doubles and the continual integration process
- A hands-on, step by step consultant packed with real-life examples that will help you research fast and effectively
Who This booklet Is For
This e-book is a pragmatic advisor that includes a step by step procedure that goals to assist personal home page builders who are looking to research or increase their software program checking out talents. It additionally takes you thru many real-life examples encountered by way of Hypertext Preprocessor builders that can assist you keep away from universal pitfalls.
What you'll Learn
- How to put in PHPUnit and configure IDEs for PHPUnit support
- What are unit checks and why to check code
- Write try out doubles and methods to exchange dependencies
- Explore tips to try out legacy code
- Test code calling APIs and connecting to the database
- Run practical exams in an online browser utilizing Selenium tests
- Use exams as a part of the continual integration process
- Discover the choices to PHPUnit
- Use PHPUnit checks within the Jenkins and Travis CI servers
The skill to write down unit assessments and software program checking out became abilities that each Hypertext Preprocessor developer should still master.
This publication is a pragmatic advisor to PHPUnit and unit trying out, overlaying all features of writing PHPUnit exams and utilizing them. The publication exhibits why testable code is best code and the way to put in writing solid assessments with the aid of basic and easy-to-understand examples.
With this e-book, you'll the way to write, arrange, and execute potent checks. step by step innovations of the way to jot down testable code, find out how to refactor the code, and the way to run your assessments are proven. additionally, you will find out about complex trying out concepts, together with the way to attempt databases, APIs, and legacy code. PHPUnit necessities is a advisor for personal home page builders who are looking to study or increase their software program trying out talents. it's a e-book for builders who start with trying out yet is additionally an excellent resource of data for builders who're already conversant in PHPUnit.